A nice green, healthy lawn is more than just a pleasure to look at; it can help with natural pest control efforts,increase the curb appeal and value of your home, help to keep the heat from making your home unbearable in the summer, and simply create a much more comfortable, welcome environment for your friends and family. Choosing the right lawn care service can save you untold time and hassle. How can you be sure you are getting the best?
- Ask friends, family, and neighbors for recommendations. If someone has a particularly great yard, ask them who provides lawn care service for them.
- Inquire about customized lawn care service. Ask any company you are considering if they evaluate your lawn and yard needs and then tailor a service routine specifically for you. Not every yard is the same, and not every homeowner wants the same things. They may test your soil, aerate, or apply lime, for instance, to create more favorable conditions.
- Ask for lawn inspection and free quote.
- What comes with standard service? How much will it cost for your yard?
- Ask about prior experience and ask for referrals. Any neighborhood kid can mow your lawn, but not everyone can provide expert service and care to keep your yard healthy and to control pests naturally and effectively.
- Look online for reviews and ratings. Also contact the Better Business Bureau to check the company out.
Be specific about your needs. Do you want ongoing care? Do you need seasonal help mowing and maintaining your lawn or do you want to winterize it? Do you want to handle certain jobs yourself and leave others to the service?
- Ask what kind of fertilizers, pest control products, and other lawn products the service uses. If being eco-friendly is important to you and your family, ask about effective green pest control.
- Make sure the service is fully licensed in Florida and has insurance. If something happens on your property, you do not want to be held liable.
- Have a written contract with the services the company is going to provide, as well as the price you are going to pay for them.